Posted on October 21st, 2010 No comments
eRepair Access is a powerful Access database recovery solution for damaged *.mdb and *.accdb files created in Access 2000 and above. Having such a tool at hand immediately after a database file corruption incident may save you a great deal of time, nerve and, of course, an ample amount of money that would otherwise be paid to third-party recovery services. With eRepair Access, you don’t need to depend on anyone and entrust your Access data (often quite sensitive) into somebody else’s hands. You don’t have to wait. You don’t have to call it a day knowing that the damaged Access file will not be restored (if at all) until tomorrow. With eRepair Access, you can be back in the game within minutes!
The program restores several data structures and items from damaged *.mdb and *.accdb Access files:
- MS Access Table data.
- Stored queries, except those used in forms and reports.
- Correct relations, except those used for data display (for instance, relations between columns of the same table).
- The original structure of the previously used tables (fields, indices).
eRepair Access is intended for a very wide audience, which means that nearly anyone can use it to restore data from corrupt Access database files. Its simple and straightforward wizard-based interface takes a few minutes to get used to and the overall duration of the database recovery process depends mostly on the size of the Access database file and the speed of your computer.
Recovering a damaged database is easy. The process essentially consists of several distinct steps:
- Initial analysis of the damaged Access file and raw data extraction. At this stage, eRepair Access checks what database objects and data can be recovered and extracts user and system tables. It also extracts information about stored queries and relations between tables.
- Deep data analysis and restoration. At this stage, the Access database repair software uses the data recovered at the previous stage to accurately restore the structure of tables, including indices, field types and names. It is also when all relations between tables and queries are restored, including all the query-related information, such as various conditions and relations. Additionally, the MDB repair program runs a thorough integrity check and logs any errors or inconsistencies it detects.
- Data saving. This is the final step of the MDB, ACCDB recovery process. eRepair Access saves the restored Access database structures and data to a file specified by the user. The corrupted structures in the original MDB, ACCDB file are not copied to the output file. The input Access file is not modified in any way and the user can use it again to recover data using alternative methods or tools.
Despite its data recovery power, eRepair Access does have some functional limitations. First of all, it do not recover reports, modules, macros, pages, references and fields containing references to external databases, as well as Access-specific service data related to displaying elements in the editor field and restrictions on value selection. The software also won’t help you recover data from encrypted files, since the structure of these files cannot be accessed directly.
If the Access database file you are recovering was damaged very seriously and eRepair Access is having problems restoring it automatically, you can use a built-in feature of the Access fix program to submit the damaged database to us, the program developers. Our experience in the area of data recovery will help us conduct a more thorough analysis of the file and try to fix Access database problem manually. We will then get back to you with a report on our recovery attempt.
If you use Microsoft Access as your primary database management system or even create complex business applications using Access, there is always a chance things can go wrong. You can’t prevent these incidents, but you can get ready in advance and substantially alleviate their consequences by using Access recovery tools and, specifically, eRepair Access. This handy tool will become a truly invaluable asset in your software collection and will save you an impressive deal of time and money when its time comes!